The Forward Scholarship Fund
The Scholarship Objective
One of our core objectives is to assist our members empowerment through education. For those who've left the fold, the path towards success can be very challenging, often due to a lack of resources and the prioritization of fulfilling immediate needs.
To alleviate a part of the financial burden, we are excited to offer scholarships to members who are enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution.
The Forward Scholarship is to be awarded 3 times per year to a total of 3 different Forward members.
To qualify for an award, the applicant should:
- Be an active member of Forward.
- Come from an ultra-Orthodox Jewish community with limited access to secular education.
- Be enrolled in an accredited, not-for-profit, degree or certificate-granting academic institution, such as a Cegep, college, university, trade school or similar government accredited program.
- Be enrolled in a traditional classroom educational experience, as Forward does not encourage study solely via an online degree.
- Be enrolled in a Montreal-based institution.
- Be able to provide proof of enrolment
- Complete the application form.
- Submit a letter of intent regarding their education goals (see application form for details).
- Complete and submit their application form and letter within the given deadlines.
- Not have received an award in the past year.
The 3 deadlines will coincide with the 3 semesters, application deadlines are as follows:
Spring/Summer Semester - April 15
Fall Semester - July 15
Winter Semester - November 15
Note: The Forward team reserves the right to change these deadlines and guidelines as deemed fit.
How To Apply For the Scholarship
Applicants will need to be registered Forward members and fill out the attached application form to successfully apply for the scholarship.
Interested in Donating to The Scholarship?
Donations can be made in 2 ways.
You can either donate through our website using Paypal or a credit card of your choice.
For larger donations, please use the contact form below for details on how to make a tax-deductible donation.